It’s hard to believe but summer is quickly coming to a close and if you’re preparing for your first year at Urban Pathways 6 – 12 Charter School, we want to remind you about our 6th Grade Camp and Parent Orientation on Friday, August 23 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
This event is geared for brand-new students to our school and during the session important policies and procedures such as dress code, cell phone usage, and attendance will be reviewed.
Students and parents/guardians will have a chance to meet our faculty members and become familiar with our school.
Please review the information below prior to orientation.
6th Grade Camp and Parent Orientation Agenda
- Check-in prior to 10 a.m. in the first floor lobby.
- Receive your child(ren)’s folder(s) and any other required documents.
- Welcome – Cafeteria
- Introduction to the School Leadership Team.
- Overview of our mission and vision.
- Breakout sessions – Students and parents will separate at this time. Students will go to classrooms for art, science, and team-building activities and parents/guardians will learn more about the following:
- Positive Behavior Support (PBIS), discipline, cell phones, dress code, and attendance.
- Extracurricular activities, community partnerships, and tutoring.
- MMS parent portal and learning partnerships – Instructions will be given on how to set up and check grades and expectations.
- The procedure and necessary documents to update address and contact information.
- School tour for students and parents/guardians.
- Lunch break – food will be provided.
- Activities and crafts for students.
Items to bring to 6th Grade Camp and Parent Orientation
- Proof of address, utility bill, lease, etc. Note: This information is needed ONLY if your address has changed since you filled out the enrollment paperwork. If you’re unsure as to which address we have on file, please feel free to contact the main office prior to orientation.
- Final fifth grade report card and immunization records if not already provided.
- Contact information including your email address.
If parents/guardians are unable to stay for the entire program, transportation will need to be arranged for your child’s pick-up at 2 p.m.
If you’re unable to attend the event on Friday, August 23, please make arrangements for a family member to attend as a make-up session is not available.
Please contact Mr. Corbett if you have any questions.