August 5, 2019
Summer is quickly coming to a close and before the first day of school on Monday, August 26, we want to make sure that new students in grades 7 - 12 mark their calendars for orientation.
This informational event that includes introductions and light refreshments will take place on Monday, August 12, 2019.
There are two sessions to choose from:
- First session: 1 p.m.
- Second session: 5 p.m.
New Student Orientation Agenda
● Check-In —First Floor Lobby
○ You’ll receive a copy of the Student Handbook and 2019-2020 Calendar
● Welcome —Cafeteria
○ Introduction to the School Leadership Team
○ Review of the School Mission, Vision, and policies
● Review of Important information such as:
○ Cell phones, uniform, attendance, Positive Behavior Support (PBIS) and discipline
○ Extracurriculars, community partnerships, and tutoring
○ Vision MMS Parent Portal and Learning Partnerships - how to set up and check grades, expectations
Things to Bring With You:
● Address and contact information updates - procedure and required documents
● Your current email address
● Proof of address, utility bill, lease, etc., NOTE: only if your address has changed since you filled out the enrollment paperwork. If you are unsure as to which address we have on file for you, please feel free to contact the main office.
● Final report card or transcripts
● Immunization records, if not already provided.
If you are unable to attend the event on August 12, please consider arrangements for a family member to attend as this information is very important and make up sessions are not available.
If you have any questions, please contact Ty Beck at (412) 392-4601 x 203.