In 11th and 12th grade students will have College Prep and Graduation Project/Senior Seminar classes with Ms Beck. Students will be provided the tools and resources to transition them in their chosen direction after high school, whether it is post secondary education, the world of work or becoming a member of the armed forces. The skills taught are imperative to ensuring that each and every student who graduates from Urban Pathways has a clear understanding of how to succeed and thrive academically and socially.
BigFuture – https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
BestAccreditedColleges.org – https://
Cappex – https://www.cappex.com/
Niche – https://www.niche.com/
Unigo – https://www.unigo.com/
Peterson’s – https://www.petersons.com/college-search.aspx
University HQ – https://universityhq.org/best-colleges/
FAFSA: Application opens October 1 – studentaid.gov
Black Engineering Student Scholarship: https://carnegierobotics.com/black-engineering-student-scholarship
College Board Opportunity Scholarships: https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/
The Foundation for Enhancing Communities: https://www.tfec.org/county/allegheny/
The Pittsburgh Foundation: https://pittsburghfoundation.org/scholarships
Scholars App: https://scholarsapp.com/
Schoolhouse Connection Youth Scholarship: https://www.schoolhouseconnection.org/youth-leadership/scholarship-program/
Register for SAT’s, research colleges, college planning tips, etc.
Upcoming SAT Test Dates and Deadlines:
- October 2, 2021 Deadline: September 3, 2021
- November 6, 2021 Deadline: October 8, 2021
- December 4, 2021 Deadline: November 4, 2021
- March 12, 2021 Deadline: February 11, 2022
- May 7, 2021 Deadline: April 8, 2022
- June 4, 2021 Deadline: May 5, 2022
ACT Test Dates and Deadlines:
- October 23, 2021 Deadline: September 17, 2021
- December 11, 2021 Deadline: November 5, 2021
- February 12, 2022 Deadline: January 7, 2022
- April 2, 2022 Deadline: February 25, 2022
- June 11, 2022 Deadline: May 6, 2022
- July 16, 2022 Deadline: June 17, 2022
Contact Ms. Beck to get connected with a recruiter from the US Air Force, US Army, US Coast Guard, US Marines or US Navy.
Job Shadowing and Internships:
Employers, businesses and companies serve as a classroom resource and provide work-based experiences for students that include job shadowing and internships.
- Build skills that provide for lifelong learning and career flexibility.
- Obtain workforce experience that allows them to compete for jobs.
- Be prepared to enter the workforce and/or post secondary educational opportunities.
- Work together with the community, parents, businesses, and school in partnership to create the best possible education.